I am a graphic designer, and many of my friends are graphic designers, and upon going through my WP, i noticed that this Project365 stuff is conquering my blog, so here’s a little something else. This found its way on my FBfeed, so i thought i’d play this game too.
Obviously, like the old Meme days, bold means it’s applicable to me.
50 reasons not to date a graphic designer
1. They are very weird people.
2. There are billions of them in the world, like colors on the screen of your computer.
3. They will analyse conversations in layers.
4. You will spend the day assembling furniture from IKEA. (technically, i put it together pretty quick, but yes. Most of my furniture is ikea. I live right next to one, and where else can i furnish an entire apartment for less than 1800 bucks?
5. They drink and eat all kinds of weird shit just because they like the packaging.
6. They hate each other. Out of love. but yes.
7. You’ll come out the last out of the movies because you have to see the full list of credits.
8. They cant change a light bulb or without making a sketch.
9. They fuck up all the tables with their cutters.
10. They rather study the paisley pattern on your outfit than listen to what you have to say. Sometimes the pattern, but usually the fabric, where the seams fall on the shoulders and hips, how the fabric hugs…. “how would i draw this…”
11. They will fill your house with magazines and whatever is out there that has drawings.
12. You never know if it is really an original or a copy. is it traditional or digital?
13. They make collages with your photos.
14. They do not know how to add and subtract, they just understand letters.
15. They idolize people who nobody knows and speak of them as if they were his colleagues.
16. They take pictures almost daily and all are cut in weird shapes.
17. They ask your opinion about everything but they do whatever they want.
18. Everything is left justified, right or center unless they arrive late.
19. They hate Comic Sans with the same passion they love Helvetica.
20. They use iPhone for everything, because everyone has one. Not becuase everyone has one. Becuase it was cheap and i can decorate it however i want. >.>
21. You can not decorate the house without consulting them. I have to admit, i tend to react a little strangely if an SO redecorates without consulting me.
22. They steal street signs. That’s a designer thing? I thought that was a hoodlum thing.
23. Always carry their hands painted with something.
24. They buy dolls unfinished for them to paint. or they buy shitty action figures so they can sand them down and repaint them to be whatever actionfigure they want…
25. Everything becomes something other than what it really is: cards as tickets, cards as …
26. When arguing, you will be nicknamed like the OSX spinning wheel (not affectionately)
27. Do not know how to dress without consulting the Pantone book.
28. They hate Excel.
29. They read comics.
30. They want to save the world only with a poster.
31. You will spend the day brainstorming.
32. On vacation they will take you to countries that you do not know exist and have no beach.
33. Museums are their second home.
34. They know more positions than the Kamasutra. That’s a reason not to
35. They can’t go to a restaurant without secretly critiquing the menu design. I make it no secret.
36. They listen to music you have never heard of.
37. They can´t cook a normal dish, they always have to experiment with new ingredients. Or really old ingredients.
38. They read rare books: stories of children, Semiotics …
39. When you are going to tell you something, everyone has read it in their facebook and twitter.
40. They have own iPods before you knew they existed.
41. The orgasm they remember is when they heard that Adobe was acquiring Macromedia.
42. They have their own shops just for them and there are the most expensive in the city.
43. They want to spend all the money in the Apple Store.
44. You will never understand their gifts.
45. They see ordinary objects and laugh.
46. You wake up in the middle of the night hearim them screaming “When is the deadline?”
47. They see CMYK and RGB like Neo sees the Matrix.
48. They dream of the day nobody will make a single change to their designs.
49. They rather pay for a font than for a special birthday gift.
50. They are always sleepy because they work 24/7.